miércoles, 18 de enero de 2017

A FISHY TALE



SYNOPSIS 

 

 Molly and Joe live in a little house in a little town by the sea. Joe is a fisherman. Every day,
he rows his boat out to sea to catch fish. His wife, Molly, sells the fish to the people in
the town. Their life is simple and they are happy!
Until one day, Joe catches a magic fish. The fish can talk and he can sing! His name is Sushi. He
begs Joe to set him free, and promises to grant him a wish in return. Joe can wish for anything
he wants: a new house, new clothes, money... anything in the world.
Molly and Joe’s happy life is soon turned upside-down by the amazing powers of this magic fish,
but Molly becomes greedy and asks for more and more. All the things she thought would make
her happy have the opposite effect, and the fish’s magic starts to go horribly wrong…
‘A Fishy Tale’ is a story with a moral based on the popular children’s fairy tale ‘The Fisherman and
his Wife’ by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm.

VOCABULARY

 FISH

 

 FISHERMAN

 
FISHERWOMAN

 

 SHOP

 BOAT

 SEA

 FISHING LINE

NET

 WORM

 CRAB

 BOOTS

 UNDERWEAR

 

 HOUSE

 CLOTHES

 MONEY

QUEEN

 MAGIC

 HAPPY

 SAD

 GREEDY

 

MEET THE CHARACTERS


Joe and I am a fisherman.
I catch fish!”
a magic fish. I can talk
and I can sing. And
best of all, I can grant
wishes!”


Molly. I’m a fisherwoman
and I sell the fish. Who
wants to buy a fish?
Fish! Fresh fish! Get
your fish!”

 

  “Hello. I am Sushi! I am
a magic fish. I can talk
and I can sing. And
best of all, I can grant
wishes!”

 

AUDIO DIALOGUE 

 SUSHI: Stop pulling! You are hurting me!
JOE: Wait a second… are you talking?
SUSHI: Of course, I’m a magic fish. Hello everybody! My name is Sushi. Nice to meet you.
JOE: Nice to meet you, too.
SUSHI: Now let me go!
JOE: No. I’m sorry, but I’m hungry,
SUSHI: What? You want to eat me?
JOE: Yes, I want to eat you.
SUSHI: No! Please don’t! Look into your heart!
JOE: All right! All right! You can go.
SUSHI: Yippee! Hallelujah! Thank you! You are a very good man.
To thank you I will grant you a wish.
JOE: A wish?
SUSHI: Yes, you can ask for anything you want.
JOE: Really! Anything at all?
SUSHI: Yes!
JOE: Let me think. A new house? No. New clothes? No. Money? No. I know! Fish!
SUSHI: Fish?
JOE: Yes. Lots and lots of fish!
SUSHI:: Really?
JOE: Yes! I’m a fisherman.
SUSHI: Okay, let me just say the magic words. 1-2-3-“Abracadabra, the ocean’s blue”
Now look in your net.
JOE: Wow, look at all these fish! My wife will be so happy. Thank you very much.
SUSHI: You’re welcome! Goodbye!

 

 

THE STORY

AUDIO :THE STORY 

Molly and Joe live in a little house
in a little town by the sea. Joe is
a fisherman. Every day, he rows
his boat out to sea to catch fish. His wife,
Molly, is a fisherwoman. She sells the fish
to the people in the town. Their life is simple
and they are happy!
One day, Joe gets into his boat and goes
fishing. As he rows out to sea, he likes to
sing a song:
Row, row, row your boat, gently down
the stream
Merrily merrily merrily merrily, life is
like a dream.
Joe puts his net into the water, puts some
bait on his fishing line and waits. And
waits. And waits! There is a tug on his
line. But it is an old boot! There is a crab
inside the boot. It bites Joe’s nose. There
is another tug on his line. It is some old underwear… yuk! Then there is a very big tug on
the line…
It is a magic fish. The fish can talk and he can sing! His name is Sushi. He begs Joe to set him
free, and promises to grant him a wish in return. Joe can wish for anything he wants. A new
house, new clothes, money… anything in the world.
Joe thinks hard. He decides that what he wants most in the world is a net full of fish. He is a
fisherman, after all! Sushi says the magic words: ‘Abracadabra, the ocean’s blue’. And when
Joe pulls his net in it is full of fish. So many fish! Joe says thank you to Sushi and rows home.
But Joe’s wife Molly is not happy. She is angry with Joe! She wants a new house, and new
clothes, and lots of money. She sends Joe back out to sea to ask the fish for more and more
wishes. Finally, she decides that she wants to be the queen of England and live in a palace!
The fish grants her many wishes, but she is greedy and always wants more. Joe goes to visit
the magic fish one last time. The sea is stormy and there are big waves. He promises not to
ask for any more wishes ever again, if only his wife can be happy. They say the magic words
one final time and the sea becomes calm.
Joe returns home to find that all of the fish’s magical gifts have disappeared, his house is not
longer a palace and his wife is no longer queen. She is just a fisherwoman. A happy fisherwoman!
Molly and Joe live happily ever after in their little house in a little town by the sea.

A SAILOR WENT TO THE SEE(SONG)

AUDIO: A SAILOR WENT TO THE SEA
A Sailor went to sea, sea, sea
To see what he could see, see, see.
And all that he could see, see, see,
was the bottom of the deep blue sea, sea, sea

 

 ROW ROW ROW YOUR BOAT(SONG)

AUDIO :ROW ROW ROW YOUR BOAT

Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the stream
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
Life is like a dream.


 

 

 

AUDIO:FISHY FISHY

 

FISHY FISHY

Abracadabra the Ocean’s blue!
I’m a fish in the sea and you can talk to me!
I’m a fish in the sea and you can talk to me!
I swim to the left, I swim to the right,
I swim all day, I swim all night
CHORUS:
Fishy fishy, oh wishy
Fishy fishy, oh wishy
Fishy fishy, oh wishy
Fishy fishy, oh wishy
Fishy fishy, oh Wishy
Abracadabra the Ocean’s blue!
So stand up, clap your hands
Shake your tail, turn around
Swim to the left, swim to the right
Do the fish jam!

AUDIO: I’ve got the rhythm in my shoulders 

I’ve got the rhythm in my shoulders
Come on everybody, feel that rhythm
1-2-3-4! I’ve got the rhythm in my shoulders
Repeat the verse with your:
Elbows
Nose
Hands
Knees
Feet
All around

 

12345

1 2 3 4 5 AUDIO 

 1, 2, 3-4-5, once I caught a fish alive
6, 7, 8-9-10 then I let him go again.

 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario